Tiempo de lectura: 2 mins

A very young Fernando Alonso broke into Formula 1 in the Minardi team, and shortly after he made the leap to Renault, a team that has given everything to the Asturian in this sport. 

At just 21 years old, Alonso won his first Grand Prix, in Hungary, already on board the French machine. Shortly after, in 2005, at the age of 24, Alonso won his first World Championship, unleashing the madness for Formula 1 throughout the national territory.

Alonso after winning his first title. Photo: F1.

The leap to fame that this young boy from Oviedo experienced, with a whole life and sporting career ahead of him, was truly spectacular. Fernando Alonso himself has talked about it in “El Transistor”, Onda Cero’s program, together with José Ramón de la Morena.

“Fame came to me as a brutal outrage. I was 24 years old and I was a Formula 1 World Champion, a sport that was beginning to grow exponentially in Spain. I had to live things for which I was not prepared, even more so at that age and without any kind of maturity, declares the man from Oviedo.

“Fame comes and suddenly you are on all the covers, making television commercials, meeting super important people and you are a kid from Oviedo who has not seen anything of the world until the day before yesterday. It has been a period in which you mature a lot as a person, but surely you also close yourself much more because you cannot serve everyone”, he added.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOi3agJtJPo
Alonso and his celebration of the title in 2006 with the fans.

Fernando Alonso confesses that he began to lock himself in his own, in his world, a behavior that led to much criticism for years to come, but he explains as follows: “Covers, television, fans … I matured a lot as a person, but surely also you close a lot more because you can’t attend to everyone”.

And to finish on the subject, Alonso left an interesting reflection for the listeners: “From nothing to 100, everything wants something from Alonso. You have to control that 100 in the best possible way, and it is by closing a little in your closest nucleus , controlling the appearances in press and TV. That surely was misunderstood in some cases”.

Finally, Alonso highlighted his desire to return to Asturias, close to his family, when his sporting career allows him to get much more time than at present. He is very excited about the Llarena museum and the Alpine project for 2022: “We could fight for important things”.

LISTEN TO THE MOST INTERESTING STATEMENTS OF FERNANDO ALONSO HERE (SPANISH)

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here